Executive Chef Justin Cogley’s and Executive Pastry Chef Ron Mendoza’s cooking philosophy is built first and foremost on spontaneity. With access to an array of outstanding local products as well as ingredients and artisan purveyors from around the world, Cogley and Mendoza focus on incorporating these elements into their ever-changing menus.
Executive Chef Justin Cogley is Food & Wine's Best New Chef 2013.
Room Reservation Policy
Check-in: 3:30 pm Check-out: Noon
Room rates range from $425 - $725, midweek/seasonal specials may be available contact us directly to inquire. Rates are based on single/double occupancy excluding hotel occupancy taxes and $30 nightly service fee. All room rates include Aubergine’s Signature Breakfast. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. At the time of booking reservations require one night’s room and tax as a deposit. All major credit cards are accepted. Weekend nights and holidays may require a two-night minimum stay.
Cancellation policy: Kindly note the advance deposit amount is fully refundable up to 7 days prior to your reservation date. Should you need to cancel or modify your reservation within 7 days of your arrival date, we will make our best effort to re-sell your reserved space, at which time we would be able to relieve you of your obligation and/or refund your deposit.
L’Auberge Carmel, Relais & Chateaux, understands that pets are often considered part of the family
and for this reason we are happy to accommodate your pet request whenever possible.
1. L’Auberge Carmel will not permit more than 2 dogs totaling 20 pounds per room.
2. L’Auberge Carmel has designated Rooms # 14, #17 or #19 as our possible Pet Rooms.
3. Our Pet Cleaning Fee is $100 per room per stay.
4. Your Pet must be kept on a leash while on Hotel Property as well as off-property; the State of
California has a Leash Law in effect.
5. Your Pet must be properly trained and pet waste must be disposed of properly Off-Property.
Our Front Desk will be happy to inform you of the designated pet area.
6. Your Pet may not be left unattended while on Hotel Property. If you require a Pet-Sitter or Pet-
Supplies please contact our Concierge at least seven (7) days prior to your arrival.
7. Your Pet is not allowed in the Restaurant, Salon or Wine Cellar.
8. Please contact the Front Desk to arrange for Housekeeping Service of your Guest Room while
your pet is not present.
9. As the pet owner, you are responsible for any and all disturbances, property damages and/or
personal injury caused by or resulting from your pet.
10. Certified, Uniformed Service Dogs may be exempt from these policies.
11. All Pet Requests must be approved by the Hotel Manager
12. All Pet Owners must sign a Hotel Pet Policy
Restaurant Reservation Policy
Restaurant reservations require a credit card guarantee.
Cancellation policy: 24 hours prior to reservation time. Cancellations made within 24 hours of reservation time may result in a $50 cancellation fee per person cancelling. Because of our size, cancellations affect us significantly; therefore, we adhere to a strict cancellation policy.
Dress Code: Smart Casual. Jackets for gentlemen are encouraged. Ties are optional. No t-shirts, shorts, or tennis shoes please.
Discerning diners of all ages are welcome at Aubergine. We do respectfully request that diners of all ages abide by the dress code.
We enjoy children that can appreciate a fine dining experience that can last several hours. We have a very small, intimate dining room with limited seating and although we love children that appreciate this type of dining, we reserve seating in the dining room for all guests who are going to enjoy either the 4 course or chef’s tasting menu.
Main dining room seatings are not recommended for children younger than age 12. Altered menu options are available for dining while seated in the Salon. Patrons of any age disturbing other diners will be asked to leave.
Because of the intimate nature of our restaurant, table seating in is set for parties of 5 or less. Our Wine Cellar is available for parties of 6 to 10. Larger parties should contact our Event Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831 622 5907.